mardi, juillet 18, 2006

Chillin' in the park / POTC II review

Monday
I walked home from Claire’s, only to go back the same way to Michelle’s place, to get my bike. I did half the groceries and most of the laundry, and then I went tanning in the sun in my tube top to lose my farmer tan again. I was relaxing in the shade, drawing, and I started thinking about my summer of 2006, as always. Thinking about all the friends I made on the river, about what I’ve done and what I have left on my ToDo list. It will be harder to leave everybody from England in August than it was to leave Canada, knowing that I’ll probably never see them again. After some more vedging in my room, checking if the laptop works once in a while (bollocks!), I went for some late pizza and some beer on Parker’s Piece with Sal, Dan, his little brother and a French girl called Fanie. Which is funny in England. Because they say "fanny" when talking about the female genitalia.

Tuesday
Pas de stress aujourd’hui, j’aurais dormi jusqu’à midi, mais y fait beaucoup trop chaud et j’ai pas d’air climatisé. Alors je me suis réveillée en sueur vers 8h30. J’ai fais l’autre moitié de l’épicerie, j’ai passé à la job pour prendre mes heures, j’ai fais du ménage et j’ai écris une liste de tounes qui vont me rappeler l’Angleterre. Bare with me, les chansons sont pas toutes géniales. Après avoir fais une sieste juste parce que j’avais rien d’autre à faire, j’suis allée manger au resto avec Véro et Andrew à The Vine, près du centre d’achat.
Finally, after a week and a half of waiting, I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest! And as I expected, the sequel was far from being as good as the first movie. I could write a whole chapter about the things I would never have even dreamed of putting in the movie. But very briefly: a lot of action, but not as well planned as the 1st movie, more stupid jokes than smart jokes (the 1st movie was brilliant!), too much of Keira Knightly. Johnny Depp was still amazing but a good actor doesn’t change a bad story into a good one. I was also weirded out by the last 15 minutes and I’m not sure if I want to see the third movie…

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit...

Second THAT (the POTC part). J'ai trouvé que l'histoire était trop basée sur des "what are the odds...". Autant qu'il y en avait plusieurs dans le premier, c'est pas ces coincidences qui formaient le cour de l'histoire. En tk, moi aussi je pourrais écrire une méchante critique but I'll spare you the bore.

Would you mind explaining just what the hell is a pusher??? Le jour ou tu vas faire de la drogue là!... tu me le diras, I'll join! :P JK