mercredi, juillet 19, 2006

Hottest day in 45 years, 7 tours


Strawberries in my cereals… yum! Why didn't I do it before? According to the radio and newspaper, today was the hottest in the last 45 years. And guess what, today was my busiest day in 45 days. It was my first try as a pusher (push a tour, take 15 min off, push, take 15 min) and I was KNACKERED! 35 degrees Celsius and a lot of humidity. This week is just like Perù! I pushed 6 tours in 7 hours, four of them back to back, and I didn’t always get my 15 min breaks. I was so hot that I jumped off Magdelene Bridge with Becks, and Rory got it on video with my camera. I'll figure out a way to put it on the web, I'm taking more and more videos.
L’eau est sale et dégueulasse mais c’est quand meme rafraîchissant. Je suis revenue travailler vers 21h00 pour un booking, une trentaine de super ferries étaient sur la rivière, dans le noir, pour une grosse conférence. C’était un vrai chaos vers 23h00 quand tout le monde revenait. Yavait un océan de punts a Mill Pond !! J’ai fais un peu de tip, dont 5 dollars US que j’ai perdu tout de suite après. I was knackered.

Word of the day: "knackered"
A knacker is a person in the trade of rendering animals that are unfit for human consumption, such as work horses that have died in harness or are too tired to work any more. This leads to the slang expression "knackered" meaning very tired.
'Knackered' also means tired, exhausted or broken in
British slang, and is still commonly used in the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit...

Je lis toutes tes 'rédactions', pour la 2ème fois,... crampant, eu..très riche comme expérience d'été..vit au présent..inquiète-toi pas du départ ou des finances.. oups, je veux dire que tu peux avoir de l'aide pour l'U.O, mais y faut pas tout dépenser au resto-pub??
Tu travailles fort, des bras et de talents avec les touristes..Bravo.!
J'aide Francine à faire du classement/ménage chez Aline. Tu peux avoir plein de 'stuff' d'arts, si tu veux... oxox