mercredi, août 23, 2006

2 more days of work...

Still rainy, but I still did 5 tours. Why do people want to go punting in the rain? What’s wrong with them? I worked 11-7 and all day long, we were pretending it was each other’s birthdays to get some tip. It worked for those I said Happy Birthday to. But it never seemed to work for me… In the afternoon, I wished Julien a happy birthday, on the river, and then on the same our Sam wished ME a happy birthday! So my group got confused and I said: “Um… yes mine was yesterday and Julien’s is next week. But tomorrow’s my last day and I'm leaving so… um… yeah I told him early.”
J’ai fais de la bicyclette dans la pluie pour revenir à la maison, avec Nick, et on avait tous les deux des gros parapluies de Scudamore’s. C’est pas super efficace amis y pleuvait tellement que j’aurais été trempée de la tête au pieds. (J’étais juste trempée à moitié.) J’ai magasiné pour le BBQ avec Sal et Dan, dans leur nouvelle voiture, et j’ai pogné des paquets de 24 pains hamburg à 1,75 £. Pas pire, hein ? Après ma grosse épicerie, j’ai soupé tard et Amy est passée chez moi pour jaser et planifier le jeudi soir et le vendredi.
Jeudi soir: Chris’ birthday, boys dress up in funny hats, blazers, shorts and ties, girls dress up as something that starts with G. Vendredi: day off to go bridge jumping and have some picnic on a punt, with her and Nick + my BBQ. Good way to finish my crazy English Summer of 2006.Dan said a prayer for me to have a good day on Friday... "Dear God. Please let it be sunny for Little Julie's goodbye party."

Aucun commentaire: