vendredi, août 25, 2006

DA BBQ IN DA BACKYARD

Wow.
I got up to start cleaning in my room, started packing, bought some last-minute food for the BBQ and left. For the last time, I went punting on the River Cam, with Lizzie, Amy, Nick on a stick and Olivia. The weather was PERFECT! It was one of my best days in my whole life! We had picnic on the punt, and right from the start, I jumped the Mathematical Bridge. it wasn't too hard, there's a lot of wooden railing and the others were careful not too punt away too fast. What I didn't know is that the hiring manager, Tony, was watching from Silver Bridge. Woops!

On s'est rendus jusqu'au bout de la riviere et en passant sous Magdalene bridge, evidemment, pour la derniere fois, je me suis fais vider 3-4 verres d'eau glacee sur la tete. Je me suis levee brusquement, et Nick yavait qu'a me donner une petite pousse pour que je tombe en bas du bateau. C'etait frette! M'semble que j'suis dans la riviere souvent ces temps-ci! On a punte presque 2 heures. En revenant, j'ai saute Trinity Bridge. It's the tradition! I had to! And I did a good job as well! je suis pas mal fiere de moi, y faut beaucoup de force pour grimper le pont. C'est comme de l'escalade. Ya au moins trois tours sur la riviere, dont Kate et Nic, qui se sont arretes pour regarder et applaudir. Yay!

After that last punting trip (*sigh*) I was hanging around the steps at Silver Bridge, I just couldn't leave. I don't WANT to go home! And there Tony walked out of the office and I knew what was left for me to do. I got a cup of ice cold water and emptied it down his back. And now I can go home. i surprised maria and Sal sticking papers all over the walls that said "Blame Canada" with polar bears, mooses, beavers and Prime ministers. Canadian flags everywhere and a banner that sayd "Goodby Julie we'll miss you" and "Bon voyage". Awww! I started setting up the canopy with Ondrej and Dan, and when it suddenly started to rain, we relaised the canopy wasn't waterproof at all. So Dan had to drive quickly to buy two giant blue tarps that we managed to hang up with rope, the way my dad would set up a tent after forgetting the poles. it wasn't superb, but it was dry.
People started showing up, at 7:30, Nickie, Pete the manager, and so on, and I put my short white dress on over jeans. Lovely. The first ones helped out getting the food outside, emptying the water that was accumulating on the blue tarps, setting up the radio and speakers just out the window of the main floor housemate. His room was turned into the music room. Then Pete tried to push the tarp up, thinking the water would fall to the side in the backyard. It fell all over the speakers, in and out the window, and all over me. At least a bucketfull. Ice cold. Wouah! He sincerely felt bad. I gave away pictures, Becks got me a present (see pictures). People started writing all over my touting board that Sal managed to find in my suitcase. Then there was brazilian Phil and Dan taking care of the BBQ, Phil brought shrimps and chicken wings and fish and it smelled sooo good!

J'ai mange comme une porche, tout le monde mangeait et buvait et tout d'un coup, Sal, son amie Jenna et son chum Russell sont arrives avec deux DJ. Ah ben j'en revenais pas les 2 gars se sont installes en 10 minutes pis yont parti la musique full blast dans la cour, jusqu'a 1h du matin. Par ce temps la, le monde manquait de biere et de bouffe, yont commence a fouiller dans la cuisine... et tout d'un coup la police arrive. Plainte de bruit. C'est pas surprenant, on avait de la musique super forte dans un petit cartier avec une cinquantaine de petites maisons toutes collees. En general c'etait une super belle soiree, yen a 3-4 qui m'ont fait verser une larme. Tom, Nick, Becks, Marcello, Sal, Amy... yen a plus que ca meme, c'est du monde qui vont vraiment vraiment me manquer. On est restes dans la cuisine jusqu'a 4h du matin, et c'etait un enorme degat dans la cour. Dernier soir a Cambridge, derniere nuit dans ma maison crasseuse...

Even with the rain and the police and the loud DJs, it was a MEMORABLE party.

Aucun commentaire: