mardi, août 01, 2006

First time I ski in the middle of summer

Today: SnowZone in Milton Keynes AND Wine Tasting at the Bun Shop. I took two weeks to gather 14 people to come to the Wine Tasting. Sarah, our lovely cashier at Magdalene Bridge, found 10 people to go to the ski dome in two hours, yesterday. So we met up at 10:00 at the bridge and left at 10:30 after buying some comedy ski wear (funny hats) at Oxfam across the street. I actually had my Roots red & white scarf, and my Winter Challenge 2006 hat. Never thought I’d actually use them! I bought granny gloves at Oxfam, they turned out to be useless.
25£ pour 2 heures. The SnowZone is like a huge dome (see picture). Ah que ça faisait du bien un peu d’air froid! Feels like winter! Faisait environ -5 degrés Celsius, la pente était pas super grande et la neige était pas super belle. C’est à peu près 2 minutes de remonte pente pour 10 secondes de descente. Viktor m’a impressionée avec sa planche à neige! Il a fait des sauts et la “rail” et il a donné des conseils à Nic, qui a jamais fait de ski ou de planche à neige. (pas mal drôle) J’ai piqué une méchante débarque que personne a vu. Je pense que ma caméra a un petit mécanisme de brisé... l’objectif veut plus rentrer et la caméra me laissera pas prendre de photos tant que l’objectif est pas rentré.
Thighs and fingers frozen, we finished at 3pm and took a group picture before leaving. I was back at the bridge at around 5:30 and I went home to get ready for the Wine Tasting, with Sal and Dan. Met up with some people around 7:30, most of them Vero & Andrew’s friends. Most of my river friends were late, obviously, and 3 of them just didn’t show up. The evening was great, the wine man was boring but the food was good. The wines were also very different from last time. Personally, I thought it wasn’t enough food, but nobody else did. We finished the night at WT’s, where we played pool until 2.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit...

Je vais prendre le temps de relire tes récentes 'aventures'...c'est plein de vie et de sueur (de travail..) Tu es une grande 'rassembleuse'..
À bientôt xoxox